The Director of Nursing Regulatory Affairs provides leadership and execution for and management of the Colleges' multi-state nursing programmatic processes, with emphasis on obtaining and maintaining the state Board of Nursing approval for the institution in all current and future locations. This includes working with existing campus nursing leadership to develop and assist with state regulatory reports when required. This position may also assist with accreditation compliance for CCNE that involves writing self-studies, substantive change and CIPR reports. This position requires foundational knowledge of the nursing education program approval process, outstanding written and verbal communication skills, attention to detail, the ability to anticipate and meet deadlines, extensive travel up to 75%, and the ability to work well within a growing and evolving organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reports to and collaborates with the VP of Regulatory Affairs & Student Finance and other College Administrators as needed to manage assigned processes that require the approval of nursing regulatory bodies.
- Primary contact for Board of Nursing (BON) consultants/staff to understand state BON requirements and the process and procedures for nursing accreditation
- Travels to and regularly attends Board of Nursing meetings in target markets prior to submission of new campus applications; can be six months to one-year attendance of these meetings.
- Serves as a primary resource in the Academic leadership team for compliance issues related to state boards regulatory approvals.
- Advises College leaders on implications and impact of state nursing regulatory compliance matters and responds to any internal requests related to such matters.
- Provides guidance, advice and coaching to campus Deans and College leadership regarding BON programmatic accreditation and approval processes.
- Develops a system for monitoring and ongoing reporting of State BON regulatory requirements for existing and future locations. With Manager of Nursing Regulatory Affairs and/or Analyst, ensures this system is maintained and updated regularly.
- Reviews institution policies and practices to ensure its operations remain compliant with state nursing accreditation requirements.
- With VP of Regulatory Affairs, sets and assures deadlines for the submission of reports are met; assists in organizing in BON site visits, and assists leadership with responses to Boards of Nursing; may also be asked to participate in site visits from time to time.
- Performs final audits and submits all documentation required by State Boards of Nursing for new program approval, including letters of intent, cover letters, feasibility studies, and self-studies.
- Direct supervision of department staff required.
- Bachelor's degree in nursing required
- Master’s degree in nursing required
- Doctorate in a relevant health related discipline strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of relevant experience working with state Boards of Nursing
- Expertise in state pre-licensure nursing program approval process; Knowledge of CCNE accreditation preferred
- Experience as leader and/or faculty in Nursing Academic Program or Healthcare Setting
- Experience with assessment and regulatory processes desirable