Sr. Manufacturing Engineer
Applies Industrial, Mechanical and Process Engineering techniques in the development of: work instructions, process procedures, and tooling & fixturing design to meet the new product development and repeat business requirements of the Company. Develops manufacturing/process layouts using lean manufacturing principles. Oversees equipment installation and start-up of capital projects. Provides technical problem solving and training to operational personnel. Is responsible for the transition of new products from development into production, and the continuous improvement of existing processes/products.
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
Education / Experience:
- Review and interpret product design drawings to develop work instructions and process procedures, to enable operational personnel to produce products in accordance with design specifications.
- Develop process routings and labor standards for use in proposal cost estimating and shop floor control scheduling requirements.
- Prepare labor, material, tooling, and equipment cost estimates for business proposals.
- Develop and implements production process layouts and manufacturability plans.
- Develop capital equipment specifications and supports capital equipment justification, installation, and start-up.
- Design tooling and fixturing for use in the production and inspection of company products.
- Implement statistical process control and conducts process capability studies on critical processes.
- Champion lean manufacturing practices and principles.
- Participate in design reviews to ensure the manufacturability of proposed designs.
- Bachelor’s degree (BS) in Engineering; Mechanical or Industrial engineering preferred
- 5 years relevant experience in a manufacturing environment – preferably aerospace
- Experience with lean manufacturing techniques
- SPC expertise and Six Sigma certification desired
Pacific Scientific Energetic Materials Company (PacSci EMC), a Fortive Corporation (NYSE: FTV) operating company, makes critical missions possible. From concept to demonstration to delivery, we provide leading-edge energetic materials, devices and subsystems for use in military and commercial applications. With engineering and manufacturing capability in Arizona and California, our associates work together to solve the toughest technical challenges with a dedication to Safety First, Quality Every TimeTM. We enable success for innumerable missions on a daily basis, impacting the lives of military personnel, law enforcement officers, commercial airline pilots, astronauts, and oil field operators. For nearly a century, PacSci EMC's experience and expertise has been relied upon in the times When Milliseconds MatterTM.