An engineering position providing technical and project planning support to existing group product lines with design and program engineering related functions. This position requires interacting with customers and working in a team environment.
• Participate in and conduct sustaining engineering activities associated with support of product manufacturing efforts as it pertains to design, documentation, and general support of inspection processes, manufacturing processes and test processes and cost reduction activities to include engineering analysis, product design, drawing preparation, cost estimation, and product planning.
• Provide technical support of failure investigation activities through application of rigorous root cause analysis.
• Provide engineering and technical project management in support of Internal Research and Development (IRAD) activities.
• Assist in design, development and review of manufacturing tooling and fixtures, inspection tooling and fixtures, and test tooling and fixtures.
• Provide support in development of manufacturing, inspection, and test related process procedures.
• Assist in development of department processes and procedures related to support of product design and support of existing product manufacturing efforts.
• Prepare reports and presentations related to design and development activities, including technical proposal submittals, test plans and reports.
• Support kaizen-related process improvement activities.
Bachelors or Masters in Electrical or Aerospace Engineering.
Previous work experience or relevant internships is preferred.
Excellent problem solving; presentation, written and oral communication skills
Computer Skills: Intermediate level or higher: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SolidWorks, Outlook