Manufacturing Test Engineer
This position will create and execute test plans within the test engineering department. This department performs functional tests on Electronics and Ordnance products. The department also performs integrated system tests. This position will also be called upon to assist the engineering group in the development of test plans for engineering and the manufacturing group in the development of test plans for manufacturing and to manage and expedite those test programs. Provides technical expertise in testing and product knowledge.
Education/ Skills Experience:
- Provide supervision in fabrication of testing and test control apparatus and equipment.
- Directs and coordinates activities relevant to development, identification, procurement, installation, verification, and calibration of upgraded test equipment and instrumentation and control devices required to test, record, and reduce test data.
- Determines conditions, and schedules under which tests are to be conducted.
- Generates qualification test plans, procedures and reports (QTP’s and QTR’s).
- Generates Acceptance Test Procedures (ATP’s).
- Analyzes and interprets test data and preparation of test reports for submittal to management and PSEMC customers.
- Confers with engineering and technical personnel to resolve testing problems, such as product or system malfunctions, equipment problems, incomplete test data, and/or data interpretation.
- Perform as a leader in the role of test efficiency and cycle time reduction efforts.
- Train technicians to perform product testing.
- Assist with sub-contract cost and labor estimations for contract proposals.
- Generate Work Orders, Statements of Work, and Requisition for sub-contracted testing.
- Interface with sub-contractor representatives to insure that PSEMC requirements and schedules are met.
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline
- 1-3+ Years relevant testing experience
- Knowledge of ordnance products a plus
- Experience with automated testing tools
- Familiarity with testing methodologies and the defect reporting process
- Computer skills required; Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office tools
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Good problem solving skills