Manufacturing Sr. Project Engineer
The Manufacturing Sr. Project Engineer leads a multi-functional program team to provide cutting edge military and aerospace electronic systems. Utilize electronic engineering and project management expertise in the development of new products, ensure that the product is robust, producible, cost effective and delivered on time to the customer specifications.
Education, Experience and Skills Required:
- Management retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of this position at any time. The essential functions of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Direction of a team designing and analyzing military electronic systems to comply with customer specifications.
- Coordination with the Program Manager to provide seamless customer interface.
- Ensure that documentation, designs and analysis produced by the team are accurate and appropriate.
- Understanding and interpreting military design and test standards and prepare comprehensive test plans that ensure compliance with all customer and military requirements.
- Give technical presentations to high-level private and military customers. Provide details of design issues and challenges clearly and succinctly.
- Insure that multi-disciplinary technical requirements and commitments are fulfilled on programs, projects and specific tasks while meeting cost and schedule commitments.
- Provide technical guidance and mentoring to other engineers as needed.
- Adhere to the Quality Systems Manual and applicable Standard Work Instructions.
- Prepare estimates for manpower and other resources required to execute and complete projects and tasks.
- Clearly communicates with internal and external customers, as well as motivate and prioritize the program team.
- B.S. degree in Electrical Engineering, Master’s degree a plus.
- 10+ years of experience in manufacture engineering, aerospace or related industry.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to analyze and solve problems.
- Strong computer skills with familiarity with Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, MS Project).
- Must have a good knowledge of electronics, Digital, Analog, High voltage and EMI.
- Optics knowledge a plus.
- Familiarity with design for six sigma (DFSS) tools is preferred.
- Excellent problem-solving skills are a must.